The most cost-effective (and results-oriented) vehicles include all of the following:
- Going to networking events of the groups you belong to, and speaking with various leads
- Attending new business and community-service venues, and handing out a promotional card that details your services and the benefits of doing business with you
- Cold calling a handpicked list of good prospects and following up appropriately
- Hosting a free open house (with nibbles) for current and old clients, as well as new prospects
- Sending out a company newsletter (by e-mail) containing valuable tips and blatant promos about all your services, as well as a discount for a three-month introductory service package (offer must stipulate a deadline within 60 days)
If you have all these in place, and you work at reaching out in various ways to new prospects and current clients, you'll have a much better chance of getting your sales engine humming!
Best of luck!
As president of Pomona, N.Y.-based marketing-advantage and founder of WomenCentric, Pattie Simone empowers ambitious women, companies and entrepreneurs worldwide, sharing smart new media, client engagement, entrepreneurial and communications expertise as a techpreneur, consultant, speaker and video blogger.