There are two basic questions any prospect has when first encountering a new product or a service: Whats in it for me? and Why should I buy it from you?
The folks who can answer those questions effectively, with brilliant confidence, end up closing the sale. Notice I did not mention price. Thats because price, to a certain extent, is not important if the buyer feels the end value or benefit is worth it. That said, in order for you to sell this business, its important to understand some successful selling basics:
1. People buy from people they are comfortable with.
2. People feel comfortable with sellers who display an in-depth understanding of their needs.
3. Buyers are drawn to purchasing products or services that marketing guru Seth Godin terms as remarkable.
4. Be able to articulate distinct deliverables that prove your product is remarkable.
5. Shut up and listenmost sales people fail miserably at this.
6. Be ready to respond to every objection with respect.
Obviously these tips make sense if the seller actually does deliver that better product or service. So, know your target market, demonstrate that you understand their needs and their objectives, prove that you can meet them using clear and compelling communications and actually deliver what you say you willand youll be on the way to major ca-ching!
Good luck with your presentation!
As president of Pomona, N.Y.-based marketing-advantage and founder of WomenCentric, Pattie Simone empowers ambitious women, companies and entrepreneurs worldwide, sharing smart new media, client engagement, entrepreneurial and communications expertise as a techpreneur, consultant, speaker and video blogger.