This ad will close in

News & Reviews

Business As Usual

There may be cause to reconsider the speculations you've heard from political pundits about the impending presidential election's impact on the future of small business; after all, if you really want to know what the horse thinks, why not get it straight from the horse's mouth?

Here's what "horses" across America are saying: A recent national survey of 1,197 business owners revealed that the election's result will likely have little effect on the day-to-day operations of most small businesses.

"Right or wrong, many business owners believe the outcome of the election will not significantly affect the key factors that can make or break their companies--taxes, money supply, trade policy, government regulation and health-care costs," says Donald J. Fletcher, president of George S. May International Co., the management consulting firm that conducted the survey.

Interestingly, however, only 14.5 percent of the business owners surveyed said they plan to forego voting this year. The remaining 85.5 percent will check their apparent indifference at the door of their local polling booth.

Next: Q&A »

Like this article? Get this issue right now on iPad, Nook or Kindle Fire.

This article was originally published in the October 1996 print edition of Entrepreneur with the headline: News & Reviews.

Loading the player ...

Tim Ferriss on Mastering Any Skill

Ads by Google

0 Comments. Post Yours.

Most Shared Stories

1
The 3 Attributes to Look for in Top Talent
2
5 Key Characteristics Every Entrepreneur Should Have
3
14 Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read in '14
4
Steve Jobs' 13 Most Inspiring Quotes
5
How to Change Your Beliefs and Stick to Your Goals for Good

Trending Now