Finding Small-Business insurance isn't easy. Start with a call to your industry association, the local office of the Small Business Administration or your state's insurance division. The following associations and organizations also offer small-business insurance:
- American Entrepreneurs Association (AEA): Available benefits include comprehensive major medical coverage, dental insurance, term life, disability income insurance and HMO and PPO plans, depending on your location. For more information, call (800) 482-0973, or write to 2392 Morse Ave., Irvine, CA 92614.
- Home Business Institute (HBI): Offers home-business liability protection, group medical insurance and life insurance. For more information, call (888) DIAL-HBI, or write to P.O. Box 301, White Plains, NY 10605-0301.
- Independent Business Alliance (IBA): Offers a wide variety of business-related insurance policies, including medical and dental; on- and off-premises liability; office contents and computer-related equipment; professional liability coverage; business interruption; and disability insurance. For more information, call (800) 559-2580, or write to 111 John St., New York, NY 10038.
- National Association for the Self-Employed (NASE): Member benefits include health, dental, accidental death and disability insurance. For more information, call (800) 232-6273, or write to 1023 15th St. N.W., #1200, Washington, DC 20005.
- Small Office/Home Office Association (SOHOA): Offers a range of insurance programs. For more information, call (888) SOHOA-11, or write to 1765 Business Center Dr., #100, Reston, VA 22090.
Home Business Institute, P.O. Box 301, White Plains, NY 10605-0301, (888) DIAL-HBI
Provident Mutual Life Insurance Co., P.O. Box 1717, Valley Forge, PA 19482-1717