By Catharine Kuchar
- If you're looking for more legroom in your business-class seat, look no further than Delta's 767s, L-1011s and MD-11s that fly the North Atlantic. The new configuration will nearly double the legroom to 20 inches (from 10 inches) and almost double the recline distance to nearly 12 inches (from 7 inches).
- Talk about a conference call. Hilton Hotels, working with TeleSuite, has created a group videoconferencing system showing life-sized images of the people you are meeting with on a 92-inch screen. A 50-minute session starts at $199 and is available at five Hilton locations across the country.
- If you're flying United, be sure to arrive at the gate at least 20 minutes prior to the flight's departure or you could lose your seat assignment. United has started releasing and reassigning seats not claimed before the 20-minute deadline. The new, stricter rule was started to speed up the boarding process and expedite the processing of upgrades.
- Taking life a bit easier for the business traveler, ITT Sheraton provides Sheraton Club International members with a program called "9 to 5," which allows travelers to check in as early as 9 a.m. and check out as late as 5 p.m. at more than 72 participating hotels in the United States and Canada.
- Traveling into Manhattan from La Guardia? To avoid traffic, you may want to try the Water Shuttle. The fare is $15 one way--cheaper than a taxi--and the time it could save you is worth it. You can catch the shuttle at Delta's Marine Air Terminal at La Guardia.
- Swissair North Atlantic services has joined other major airlines in operating nonsmoking trans-Atlantic flights. Swissair, along with its European partners, Austrian and Sabena, made the switch to meet the increasing desire of passengers for a smoke-free environment.
- Delta Air Lines recently added Air France to its SkyMiles program.
- According to a recent J.D. Power and Associates survey, Hertz is at the top of the rental car industry in customer satisfaction.
- At Doubletree's new Club hotels in Chicago; Miami; Philadelphia; San Antonio; Jacksonville, Florida; and Louisville, Kentucky, you won't have to leave the hotel to enjoy pastries from Au Bon Pain or wait for documents from CopyMax. The hotel now provides guests with these and other services to make business travelers' lives easier.
Next: Driver's Seat »