Depending on the personal-service business you're planning to launch, stick with essential supplies to get your business off the ground.
- Computer for bookkeeping and maintaining a customer database: $1,200
- Printer for mailings (preferably laser or inkjet): $350
- Telephone (two lines): $150 per month
- Business cards (1,000): $125
- Letterhead and envelopes: $150
- Equipment (cart or stall) for a business-on-wheels in a mall or an office park: $500 to $2,000
Bob Weinstein wrote about starting a Web-site design business in the August issue of Business Start-Ups.
Capitol Concierge, 1400 Eye St. N.W., #750, Washington, DC 20005, (202) 712-9001
The Entrepreneurial Center Inc., 108 Corporate Park Dr., White Plains, NY 10604, (914) 694-4947
More Time For You, 1440 Broadway, #204, San Francisco, CA 94109
University of Georgia, Terry College of Business, Department of Management, Athens, GA 30602, (706) 542-3724