- Thinkertoys: A Handbook of Business Creativity for the '90s, by Michael Michalko (Ten Speed Press, $17.95, 800-841-2665). This book is chock-full of puzzles, challenges and ideas aimed at stimulating creative thinking.
- Innovate or Evaporate: Test and Improve Your Organization's IQ, Its Innovation Quotient, by James Higgins (The New Management Publishing Company, $19.95, 800-266-8283). This book will help you move from problem-solving to innovation. It contains questionnaires that test a company's strengths in product, process, marketing and management innovation.
- The Creative Problem Solver's Toolbox, by Richard Fobes (Solutions Through Innovations, $19.75, 800-954-8715). Subtitled A Complete Course in the Art of Creating Solutions to Problems of Any Kind, this book promises to help anyone sharpen problem-solving skills. Each concept is explained, illustrated with several examples from various fields and followed by practice exercises.
- Mindmapping, by Joyce Wycoff (Berkley Publishing Group, $12, 800-788-6262). This book includes all the how-tos related to this vital, creative problem-solving tool.
- Inspiration, a mindmapping and visual-thinking program (Mac or Windows, $99, 800-877-4292). Download a test copy at the Inspiration Web site at http://www.inspiration.com .
- IdeaFisher, a computerized aid to brainstorming and problem-solving (Mac or Windows, $99.95, 800-289-4332). Twelve additional modules are available ($49 each), including New Product/Service Development, Speech and Presentation, Strategic Planning and Naming.