By Catharine Brockman Kuchar
- Delta Air Lines Crown Room members can now view more than 42 popular cable channels, such as CNN, the Discovery Channel and The Weather Channel, in Crown Room airport lounges.
- What are the most important factors for international travelers when choosing an airline? According to the 1997 OAG Business Travel Lifestyle Survey, they are (in order of importance): most convenient schedule, safety, punctuality, comfort and efficient check-in.
- AirTran's (formally ValuJet) new business-class section features four more inches of seat width and seven more inches of legroom. The cost: $25 more than AirTran's regular one-way full coach fare on nonstop flights and $40 more on multistop flights.
- Inter-Continental Hotels now offer guest rooms with business amenities. The rooms include such features as a large desk, a Hewlett Packard Office Jet Model 300 workstation, two-line telephones with voice mail, and office supplies. Business rooms are available in Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, New Orleans, New York City, San Francisco, Toronto and Washington, DC.
- To lure more business travelers, TWA has expanded its first-class seating by 60 percent in 155 narrow-body aircraft.
Next: Room Service »