What caught our eye at the recent California Gift Show? Glad you asked. A range of products--from "shalom" doormats to menorahs--underscore the growing interest in Jewish spirituality and culture.
- where were the aliens?
Unless Godzilla counts, there weren't too many space invaders.
- cuddly smokey bear could catch fire among bear-loving consumers.
- a one-word description of countdown-to-millennium clocks: Cool.
- coke is still it--judging by the plenitude of memorabilia on hand.
- steel away--wood furnishings are back in vogue.
- the lone ranger might saddle up for a comeback.
- the kids from "South Park" are at the head of the class.
Kinetix, 642 Harrison St., 3rd Fl., San Francisco, CA 94107, http://www.ktx.com