By Heather Page
Trudy E. Bell, author of The Essential Bicycle Commuter (Ragged Mountain Press), offers the following tips for quickly getting an office bicycle program up and, er, pedaling:
- Provide bicycle racks or a safe place to store bikes.
- Offer a place to shower at work (or at least a changing room with a curtain and sink).
- Encourage employees to wear helmets.
- Carry your work clothes in a garment bag, or bring a week's worth of clothes on a day you don't bike to work.
- Bike to work yourself and offer employees incentives such as free bicycle helmets.
Next: Split Ends »