Among the most useful reference books you'll find at your public library:
- Business Information Desk Reference: Where to Find Answers to Business Questions (Macmillan). Tells where to find information on almost any business topic, from finding funds to starting a business.
- Encyclopedia of Business Information Sources (Gale Research). Bibliography with 24,000 citations on 1,100 subjects, listing directories, encyclopedias, yearbooks, online databases, trade groups and professional societies.
- Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcasting Media (Gale Research). Lists newspapers, magazines, and radio and TV stations by geographic area.
- Industry Surveys (Standard & Poor's). Publications covering 69 major domestic industries with prospects for future activity.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers (Thomas Register). Comprehensive guide listing thousands of product manufacturers.