When it comes to cutting business deals, not all golf courses are created equal. Experts say some greens have a reputation for being very green indeed--they're the hot spots that industry moguls and high-level executives choose for closing important business deals. William Hallberg, a Golf Digest course evaluator and author of The Rub of the Green (Ballantine Books), suggests you consider the plentiful business opportunities at the nation's five most high-powered courses:
- Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Maryland. This is the course of choice for politicians and deal makers from the nation's capitol.
- Olympic Club, San Francisco. Local business executives enjoy its beautiful views and excellent club house and restaurant.
- New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans. This is a favorite among this region's oldest families and wealthiest residents.
- Bethpage State Park Golf Course (Black), Bethpage, New York. High-rollers from the city flock to the area's most magnificent golf course.
- Bel Air Country Club, Los Angeles. This is the place to be seen for movie industry execs and business heavyweights.