For more detailed information on incorporating in your state, check out these helpful resources:
- The Essential Corporation Handbook, by attorney Carl R. J. Sniffen (Oasis Press, $21.95, 800-228-2275), includes articles of incorporation, bylaws, stock certificates and other vital documents, plus a checklist for running an annual meeting.
- Incorporate Your Business: The National Corporation Kit, by attorney Daniel Sitarz (Nova Publishing, distributed by National Book Network; $19.95, or $29.95 for version with forms on PC or Macintosh disks; 800-462-6420), provides clear, straightforward instructions and forms for turning your business into a corporation.
- The Corporate Minutes Book, by attorney Anthony Mancuso (Nolo Press, $69.95, 800-955-4775), shows how to comply with your state's incorporation requirements and includes more than 80 resolutions forms for common transactions.
- The Business Incorporating Guide is a Web site that offers free information and articles online; visit http://www.corporate.com You can also order a corporation kit with all the basic forms.
- Check with your secretary of state or other agency that handles corporations. (If in doubt, contact your governor's office for the appropriate agency.)
Inc. Plan (USA), (800) 462-4633.