These resources can help you keep good customers, attract new ones and diversify your sources of business revenues:
- Customer Loyalty: How to Earn It, How to Keep It, by Jill Griffin (Lexington Books, $23, 800-956-7739), offers a host of strategies designed to help you turn prospects into loyal customers who will spread the word about your small business.
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing, by Jerry R. Wilson (John Wiley & Sons, $14.95, 800-225-5945), explains how to create an organized word-of-mouth program that will get new customers.
- Endless Referrals, by Bob Burg (McGraw-Hill, $14.95, 800-262-4729), gives tips on how to turn contacts into sales.
- Guerrilla Selling: Unconventional Weapons & Tactics for Increasing Your Sales, by Bill Gallagher, Jay Conrad Levinson and Orvel Ray Wilson (Houghton Mifflin, $13, 800-225-3362), is loaded with strategies to sell more and diversify your client base.
- Communications Briefings, an Alexandria, Virginia-based business communications company, offers numerous tools to help you retain good customers. These include two booklets, The Guide to Customer Service ($25) and 37 Quick and Easy Tips You Can Use to Keep Your Customers ($12.50). A video, "Communicating with Customers," is also available (VHS, 17 minutes, $69). Call (800) 888-2086.
Next: Total Recall »