To maintain good relationships with suppliers, keep these tips in mind:
- Always pay on time.
- Discuss vendors' needs and methods of doing business.
- If a vendor or service provider isn't meeting your expectations, discuss it immediately.
- Seek suppliers' suggestions.
- When you're the customer, act the way your best customers do.
- Strive to give suppliers enough time to do a great job.
- When you find a good vendor, be loyal.
- Understand vendors' need to make a profit.
- Avoid unreasonable demands.
Jan Norman specializes in small- business coverage. She can be reached at email@example.com
Behind Your Front Door Inc.,firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy $aver$ of America, (800) 349-4756, (504) 868-4756, www.btubusters.com
Heart Enterprises, 101 Sharon Wy., Roseville, CA 95678, www.galaxymall.com/product/lampshade
Kitchen and Bath Distributors Inc., (301) 735-7040