- Have extra copies of your handouts with you in case someone arrives unexpectedly.
- Place all materials in a notebook.
- Make sure everything is typewritten or computer-generated--no handwritten documents.
- Customize everything to your audience; don't use form letters.
- Edit your presentation so you give listeners what they want yet leave them wanting more.
- Have no more than 12 pages in any handout.
- Bring backup materials in support of any claims you make.
- Bring your business cards and collect business cards from everyone at the meeting.
Source: Tomima Edmark's The American Dream Fact Pack (self-published)
Next: Next Step »