If you can answer "yes" to more than one of these questions, you should consider shutting down that computer and making dinner reservations immediately.
- When your partner wants to hold hands during a romantic walk, do you switch sides so you have one hand free for your pager?
- Is sex a fond memory rather than a future possibility?
- Was the last gift you gave your partner a business-related item, like a Palm Pilot or a spreadsheet program, that you later "appropriated"?
- When your partner wistfully suggests having a nice dinner together, do you instantly think of which restaurant can deliver takeout the fastest?
- Do you know the dates for your next six months of business appointments but only the season in which your partner's birthday falls?
- When your partner asks you to go to a party, do you call the hosts ahead of time to make sure they have a modem hookup?
- In serious relationship talks with your partner, do you find yourself using terms like "downsizing" and "bottom line" to describe your feelings?
Next: Red Flags »