Make sure your nondisclosure agreement (NDA) meets these standards, or it won't be worth the paper it's written on:
- The title of the document must match its contents.
- The NDA must be appropriate for the party (i.e., family and friends or business associates).
- When dealing with business associates, the person signing the NDA must be a designated officer of the company.
- Consideration must be exchanged between parties.
- The NDA must be valid where you intend to do business. An NDA drafted in one state may be invalid in another.
Next: Next Step »