Great Web sites for start-up entrepreneurs
Starting a business? Visit these Web sites for information and assistance:
- Business Start-Ups magazine:http://www.bizstartups.com
An online magazine for new entrepreneurs, with information on start-up strategies, hot opportunities, financing and more.
- HomeOffice magazine:http://www.homeofficemag.com
An e-zine that features articles on running a homebased business or working for someone else from your home office.
- SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives):http://www.score.org
Find business articles, workshop information and links to other valuable sites, plus get e-mail counseling for your start-up venture.
Find out all the ways the SBA can help you, plus click on links to other valuable resources.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office:http://www.uspto.gov
Get information on patents and trademarks, including necessary forms and fee schedules.
- Small Business Exchange:http://www.americanexpress.com/smallbusiness
Browse an array of American Express products and services, including merchant status, corporate cards and equipment financing, plus a wide range of articles on various aspects of starting and running a business.
- Expert Marketplace:http://www.expertmarketplace.com
Need a consultant? This site provides access to a database of more than 214,000 consulting firms, plus articles and case studies.
- Federal Trade Commission:http://www.ftc.gov
Get the latest on consumer protection and fraud issues, information on franchises and business opportunities, details on antitrust and competition cases, and more.
- Insurance Information Institute:http://www.iii.org
Make the right insurance decisions for your small or homebased business with help from this site.
- Idea Café:http://www.ideacafe.com
Enjoy articles, product reviews, links to online forums and chat rooms . . . all displaying a whimsical approach to business.
Bow Wow Meow Treatoria, 1415 N. 45th St., Seattle, WA 98103, (206) 545-0740