Before you start your magazine, take some tips from successful magazine publishers and:
- Get some magazine or publishing experience under your belt.
- Find a niche.
- Research to determine if there's a market for your publication, and learn what their interests are.
- Get enough funding to keep you going at least through the first two or three issues.
- Write a detailed business plan.
- Work with an experienced editor and writers, starting on a freelance basis.
- Publish bimonthly or quarterly in the beginning to keep costs low.
- If possible, work from home.
- Remember, success takes time.
Next: Sex Sells »