Ready to take the plunge into social media? Here are some sites that will help you get started. Just be sure to review their policies before diving in so that you have a feel for the culture of each.
- Blogger: Free blogging site
- eBay Blogs: Enables eBay users to post their thoughts and share names and photos through personalized blogs.
- eBay Message Boards: Dozens of message boards, grouped by specific topics, let buyers and sellers connect and exchange information.
- FaceBook: Another popular personal profile site with blogging capabilities
- MySpace: Allows you to post personal profiles with interests, as well as create a blog.
- Podcast Alley: Allows you to search among thousands of podcasts and make your own available for download for free.
- Technorati: A directory of blogs that will list your blog for free and allow you to find others in your subject areas
- Twitter: Social networking site where users can share brief interest- or news-oriented ideas and create circles of similar interests
- YouTube: Lets you upload video, and users can comment and rate your creations.