Resources to help you get started:
- The Apparel Strategist: Monthly newsletter that helps people run fashion-oriented businesses. $395 for 12 issues. To subscribe, write to P.O. Box 406 Fleetwood, PA 19522, call (610) 682-7495, or e-mail email@example.com
- California Apparel: Weekly publication that focuses on the California fashion industry. $58 for 52 issues. To subscribe, write to California Mart, 110 E. Ninth St., Ste. A-777, Los Angeles, CA 90079, call (213) 627-3737, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising: Provides training and internships in the fashion industry. Campuses in Los Angeles, San Franciso, San Diego and Orange County, California. Call (800) 711-7175 or (213) 624-1202, or visit http://www.fidm.com
- Fashion Institute of Technology: This New York City college offers degrees in art, design, business and technology. Call (212) 217-7999 or visit http://www.tk.com
- Fashion Net: Web site includes features, chat rooms, message boards, advice, links and job listings; http://www.fashionnet.com.
- Women's Wear Daily: The weekly fashion industry bible. $135 for 52 issues. To subscribe, call (800) 289-0273 or visit http://www.wwd.com
Next: Sew And Tell »