- Meet your representative and senators or their staffs.
- Meet with the federal agency that works on your issue (your representative's office can help with this).
- Meet with a senior member of the appropriate Senate or House committee or their staff members.
- Meet with the lobbyists or executive director of a trade or business association you belong to.
- Meet with an author of the bill, if you're following specific legislation.
- Meet with the media (trade newsletters, specialty publications and the Washington, DC, bureau of your hometown newspaper) if the issue lends itself to press coverage.
Next: The Basics »