Social media is a key part of marketing and creating your brand identity. All entrepreneurs can use these five rules to help shape their company's voice, grow your followers and connect with customers.
- Be discerning. Combine your original point of view with curated postings from other respected sources in your industry. Don’t bombard your audience, but be creative and post at regular intervals.
- Be engaging. Make it a rule to be accessible to your audience. Interact with them and have real conversations -- don't just post your news of the day.
- Find your niche. You can be a generalist as it pertains to your company and post about anything and everything. Better still, find a specific topic that resonates and focus on that. Own a subject and work to become a go-to source.
- Spend your time wisely. Set aside time as you lead up to your launch to connect with potential customers on social media.
- Embrace each platform's culture. Every social-media portal encourages a unique voice. Make sure your content reflects that. If you're unsure, listen for a while, you'll catch on quickly
Related: How to Handle Social-Media Criticism
For more social-media tips, check out the video above.