These 14 states require a franchisor to register its FDD and maintain a registration with the state agency indicated.
If the company is authorized to sell franchises in one of these states, the company will be registered with the agencies listed here.
- California Department of Corporations (213) 576-7500
- Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Securities Compliance (808) 586-2722
- Illinois Attorney General's Office, Franchise Division (217) 782-1090
- Indiana Securities Commissioner, Securities Division (317) 232-6681
- Maryland Attorney General's Office, Securities Division (410) 576-6360
- Michigan Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division Antitrust and Franchise Unit (517) 373-7117
- Minnesota Minnesota Department of Commerce (612) 296-4026
- New York Department of Law (212) 416-8200
- North Dakota Office of the Securities Commissioner (701) 328-2910
- Rhode Island Division of Securities (401) 222-3048
- South Dakota Division of Securities (605) 773-4823
- Virginia State Corporation Commission, Division Of Securities And Retail Franchising (804) 371-9051
- Washington Department of Financial Institutions, Securities Division (360) 902-8760
- Wisconsin Wisconsin Securities Commission (608) 261-9555