Prepare For Retirement
Follow these tips to make sure your money is working as hard as you are.
- Are you saving enough money? Start building your nest egg now by saving at least 10 percent of your annual income.
- Do you have an IRA, a 401(k) or SEP plan? If not, start one today.
- Where are your investments? Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Make sure your investments are diversified.
- Do you know where your money goes? For one month, keep close track of how you spend your money. You'll be amazed by what you uncover.
- Are you prepared for life's big events? School costs, a new house, a wedding? You need a targeted savings plan for these circumstances.
Most important, find a financial advisor you like and trust. Ask for their advice -- and follow it!
Excerpted from Get Smart: 365 Tips to Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ