- Join an adopt-a-highway program.
- School intern program: offer high school or local college
students the opportunity for some real-world experience.
- Food for the elderly or homeless: Help financially or by
- Audiobooks for the blind: Audiotape producers are always
looking for readers and funding.
- Hold an American Red Cross blood drive at your place of
- Help with fund-raising for any number of good social
- Get involved with a high-profile telethon for local public
- Invite service clubs and youth groups to visit your offices or
plant. Show them your product and how you make it, giving some idea
of your impact on the local economy. For youth groups, prepare a
token visit remembrance.
Excerpted from Knock-Out Marketing: Powerful Strategies to Punch
Up Your Sales