How to Find the Right ISP
You can design your site yourself, but chances are you'll need to find an ISP. Following are some questions to ask prospective ISPs:
- "How much server space will I have?" You'll need to know if your use of graphics will be limited.
- "How much access will I have to my site?" This is especially important if you plan to update your site regularly.
- "What kind of tech support do you provide?" As a small-business owner without a support staff, you'll need all the help you can get.
- "How do you handle failures?" Make sure the ISP has a backup system in place.
- "How long have you been in business?" You need stability, so look for an ISP that's been around for a year or two.
Excerpted from Get Smart: 365 Tips To Boost Your Entrepreneurial IQ