Checklist for Interviewing Existing Franchisees
Use this questionnaire when trying to investigate franchise opportunities by interviewing existing franchisees.
34. Are you satisfied with the franchisor?
35. Is your franchise profitable?
36. Have you made the profit you expected to make?
37. Are your actual costs those stated in the offering circular?
38. Is the product or service you sell of good quality?
39. Is delivery of goods from the franchisor adequate?
40. How long did it take you to break even?
41. Was the training provided to you by the franchisor adequate?
42. What is your assessment of the training provided?
43. Is your franchisor fair and easy to work with?
44. Does your franchisor listen to your concerns?
45. Have you had any disputes with your franchisor? If so, please specify.
46. If you have had any disputes, were you able to settle them?
47. How was your settlement accomplished?
48. Do you know of any trouble the franchisor has had with other franchisees? If so, what was the nature of the problem?
49. Do you know of any trouble the franchisor has had with the government?
50. Do you know of any trouble the franchisor has had with local authorities?
51. Do you know of any trouble the franchisor has had with competitors?
52. Are you satisfied with the marketing and promotional assistance the franchisor has provided?
53. Have the operations manuals provided by the franchisor helped you?
54. What do you think of the manuals?
55. Are the manuals changed frequently? If so, why?
56. Other comments you would like to make.