The most popular payment method on eBay is PayPal, an eBay company that allows you to accept credit card, bank account and PayPal Account balance payments over the Internet. PayPal provides a fast, easy, secure way for people to exchange funds online.
There's no charge to open a PayPal Account or make payments using PayPal. Buyers can fund a PayPal payment using their PayPal Account balance, checking account or credit cards.
For sellers, Pay Pal's Personal Accounts are free but cannot accept credit card payments. PayPal's Premier and Business Accounts can accept credit card and bank payments but pay a fee to receive funds. Fees are assessed at the time of the transaction. For more information, go to www.paypal.com.
If you like the idea of helping others learn how to be better eBay buyers and sellers-and supplementing your income in the process-then the Education Specialist Program is for you. This self-paced, online training course will show you how to teach the "eBay Selling Basics" course as an independent trainer. Even if you're already teaching a class, you can make sure you have the best materials and hone your expertise through the Education Specialist Program.
This program uses top-notch eBay-approved training materials. In fact, you'll be able to use the same student-training materials that were developed for and used by eBay University. This course is also convenient-you can take it at your own pace, in your own time, from your own computer.
You won't be on your own when it comes to learning, because you'll get to see how the professional eBay University instructors teach-picking up tips from their tried-and-true methods, and getting steady direction from guidelines and techniques for teaching eBay course work. You'll also be able to chat with other education specialists, and when your course work is done, you'll get continuing support from training experts.
The Education Specialist Directory is a powerful tool for helping you promote and publicize your services. As an Education Specialist, you'll still be able to sell your training services as you wish, plus you'll have the advantage of being able to post your training events in the online directory. When students search for courses by location or date, yours will pop up. You'll get another marketing edge when you enhance your Web site and business cards with the logo declaring you to be an "Education Specialist-Trained by eBay." You can even get paid when your students use eBay for the first time! Learn more here.
Organizations and Associations:
- The Auction Guild Inc. (TAG), P.O. Box 154, Fayette, NY 13065, (877) SAFETAG
- National Auctioneers Association, 8800 Ballentine, Overland Park, KS 66214, (913) 541-8084, fax: (913) 894-5281
- National Mail Order Association LLC, 2807 Polk St. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418-2954, (612) 788-1673, fax: (612) 788-1147
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Internet Auction List
- Stamps.com (Internet postage)
- U.S. Business Advisor
- eBay Business the Smart Way: Maximize Your Profits on the Web's #1 Auction Site by Joseph T. Sinclair
- eBay for Dummies by Marsha Collier
- eBay the Smart Way: Selling, Buying and Profiting on the Web's #1 Auction Site by Joseph T. Sinclair
- eBay Timesaving Techniques for Dummies by Marsha Collier
- How to Do Everything With Your eBay Business by Greg Holden
- How to Start a Business on eBay
- The Official eBay Bible by Jim "Griff" Griffith
- Secrets of eBay: Strategies and Tips Used by the Most Successful eBay Sellers by Donny Lowy
- Starting Your Own Business: Your Complete Guide to Start-Up Success
- Starting an eBay Business for Dummies by Marsha Collier
- Starting Your Online Auction Business by Denis L. Prince