Build custom search engines with this mini device
This story first appeared in the November 2005 issue of Entrepreneur. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
On the Lookout
Google Mini Search Appliance
- CNET's rating: 7.0 Very good
- The good: Easy to set up; reasonably priced; crawls many common file types; highly customizable
- The bad: Awkwardly situated configuration port; pricey upgrade path
- What it's for: Providing a customized search engine targeting specific files
- Business use: Index up to 100,000 documents for quick data retrieval.
- The bottom line: An easy-to-use search appliance for small to midsize businesses, it's a capable and flexible tool for building custom search engines.
- Street price: $2,995
For reprints and licensing questions, click here.
View Comments (0)