Here's their formula:
Fame = Personal Branding + Publicity + Brand You Marketing + Personal Financial Development + Brand Longevity Strategies.
Whew! They didn't say it was easy, they said it was simple. In fact, it's a lot of work. To break it down further, you've got to:
- Develop a hot personal brand -- think Donald Trump instead of "I'm vice president of marketing."
- Use publicity to expand the number of influential media folks who know about your personal brand, and might quote you or invite you on their TV show.
- Keep growing your knowledge of your industry and related fields.
- Keep your personal brand authentic and honest.
- As trends change, keep evolving your personal brand so it's relevant. Think Madonna.
- If humanly possible write a book about your field, or get a ghostwriter to do it.
- Launch a hot website.
I think we all know people who're working on this kind of fame project...and some of them are darn annoying. I think the trick is to promote the daylights out of yourself and your company in a way that feels inviting and authentic to the public, instead of pushy and overdone.
What are you doing to make your business or yourself more famous? Leave a comment and let us know.