Zoup! Fresh Soup Co.
Business Type: Business Opportunity
Startup Costs: $365,900 - $558,900
Zoup! created and leads the soup-differentiated category of the Fast-Casual segment. Each restaurant features 12 always-rotating daily soup varieties and made-to-order salads and sandwiches.
The Fast-Casual restaurant segment is the fastest growing of the $660 billion restaurant industry, accounting for $23 billion. Segment sales grew 13.2 percent in 2012, compared to an industry average of 5.1 percent.*
*(fastcasual.com, May 2013)
The first Zoup! location opened in 1998 in Southfield, MI, a suburb of Detroit. Over the next five years, the founders opened five more Detroit-area locations, and in 2003 they began to franchise. Currently there are 51 U.S. and four Canadian locations.
Zoup! consistently receives accolades from media, including Fast Casual Magazine, INC Magazine, HOUR Detroit Magazine and Nation's Restaurant News.
- Strong niche positioning and the ability to get ahead of consumer preferences for fast, fresh and healthy dining.
- Franchisees enter the marketplace with unique offerings and do not have to compete against established players in the pizza, sub, burger, etc. categories.
- Low cost of entry compared to other restaurant franchises.
- Simplified menu requires no restaurant experience and little prep, which allows for a "front of house" focus.
- Franchisees benefit from a strategic and authentic company culture, which forms a foundation for running the business and attracting team members and customers.
- Web-based POS and Z!Net business management system tracks and drives franchisees productivity and profitability.
“My goal was to leverage the Zoup! brand to build a company, develop a strong management team and oversee the business. I opened a store a year without having to go to a lender, using only the capital of the business.”
- Paul Diaz, Multi-unit Owner
“It might sound a little hokey, but working with Zoup! is a lot like working with family. We all have each other’s best interests at heart.”
- Pat & Don Hoag, Multi-unit Owners
“Zoup! has an excellent model and a thorough training plan. I honestly think that coming in as a clean slate made it easier for me to learn the right way to do things.”
- Colleen Hopkins, Single-unit Owner