Today, HUMAN – which stands for “Helping Unite Mankind And Nutrition” - is the world’s leading franchisor of socially-responsible, healthy vending machine businesses, with high-performing, hi-tech healthy vending machines in over 100 markets; hundreds of passionate, fun, & forward-thinking partner operators in more than 40 states; and a rapidly expanding international presence, all of which are helping us create “Easy Nutrition Everywhere” and getting us closer and closer to our ambitious Vision “to make healthy food more convenient than junk food.”
Over 2/3 of U.S. adults (over 200M people) are overweight or obese and the trend is getting worse every year. The U.S. spends over $147B per year in obesity-related health costs. The tragedy is, these obesity-related illnesses are preventable. If people could just have access to healthy foods and be able to make the choice to eat more healthily, our obesity epidemic would be getting smaller, not larger.
Where our obesity epidemic poses a massive problem, HUMAN Healthy Vending is positioned as a lucrative and effective solution. At the core of it all, that’s what a good business does…it provides a proven solution to an existing problem.
Our near-term goal is to place 10,000 healthy vending machines in the field by the end of 2015 and to eventually have more physical distribution points of healthy food than any other company in the world.
Forbes Magazine has recognized HUMAN as one of “America’s Most Promising Companies” and Entrepreneur Magazine has named HUMAN a “Top 100 Brilliant Company.”
Through our charitable arm, HUMAN Everywhere, we donate 10% of our profits to fight the causes of obesity through the promotion of nutrition education and social entrepreneurship in schools.
We’re based in Los Angeles, California, where our 9,000 sq ft. creative office space provides a perpetual feeling of social entrepreneurial innovation, nutritional activism, and a whole lot of fun. We welcome you to visit us at anytime, as our doors are always open to those interested in joining our passionate cause.
Top 10 Reasons Why We Chose The “Vending” Industry To Further Our Mission
- Large, Established Industry. The vending industry has over $42B in annual sales and it’s been around for over 100 years. It operates at the center of four massive, unstoppable industries: Fast Food ($160B - including popular healthy snacks), Soft Drinks ($291B - including water and juices), Coffee ($19B - including single-serve), and Automatic Merchandising ($42B - Warren Buffet's Coca Cola holdings are notorious). It’s a thriving industry where millions of dollars are spent every day!
- Ideal Work Environment. You can run your vending business from home, in your spare time, while you keep your current job. Low overhead. No set hours. No employees. No rent. No utilities. No complaining. No limit to your income.
- Immediate Cash Flow. You can get your business up and running in as little as 60 days…not some long-drawn out process.
- Turnkey. We’ve created a turnkey system in an industry that has proven itself for over 100 years. It’s here for the long run.
- No Special Skills Needed. Unlike studying to be a doctor, lawyer, or other highly trained professional, you don't need extraordinary skills to make great money in this business.
- Opportunity For Innovation. The “Vending” industry, while large and established, is notoriously slow to innovate (it’s old school). This creates a big opportunity for the handful of innovators in the industry. Innovation is the backbone of HUMAN’s program.
- Well-Established Products. The products inside vending machines are supported by tens of billions of dollars in TV, radio, Internet, newspaper, and magazine advertising each year (including Super Bowl ads) that you will never have to pay for.
- All Cash. Your business is all cash. No collections. No bad debts. No headaches. Even your machines’ credit card readers deposit your money automatically into your bank account.
- Semi-Passive Income. Your machines do most of the heavy lifting for you! They work for you 24/7 without your having to be there. All you have to do is stock them, collect the money, and make sure your locations are happy.
- Tax Benefits. You can write off business and operating expenses like mileage, meals, cell phones, computers, and many more legally allowed items.
Top 13 Reasons To Choose HUMAN Healthy Vending
- Machines. Hands down the most advanced, user-friendly healthy vending machines in the market today.
- Digital Advertising. Blow your ROI numbers out of the water with the addition of digital advertising, plus secure higher-traffic, higher-quality locations due to your machine's large, 23" hi-def LCD screen.
- Remote Monitoring. Know exactly when to restock your machines. Real-time inventory alerts via SMS text, email, or online dashboard.
- Credit Card. Increase sales up to 40% and accept Visa, MC, Amex, and Discover.
- Eco-Friendly. Machines built from the ground up to use 30-50% less energy than standard vending machines.
- Location Acquisition. HUMAN deploys its industry-leading and proprietary "Location Discovery & Acquisition" system to discover and acquire high-quality, high-traffic locations in your area.
- Competitive Advantage. HUMAN's innovative business model creates a long-term & sustainable competitive advantage for you and your healthy vending business.
- Continual Innovation. HUMAN will always be innovating. Innovation is at our core. Companies that innovate faster than the competition, win.
- Products. Over 5000 healthy snacks and beverages to choose from. Fresh fruits, smoothies, full meals, and other items too.
- Training. Unparalleled entrepreneurship, personal development, and vending training. We get you fully trained-up to launch and grow a successful healthy vending business.
- Expertise. We're backed by a board that includes a biomedical engineer, health advisors, doctors, nutritionists, and public health specialists. We really know health and nutrition!
- Partnership & Family. To accomplish BIG goals, it's easier and more fun if you have a group of likeminded individuals going after them together. Every operator partner that joins the HUMAN Team is treated and respected as a valued business partner.
- Philanthropy. We give 10% of our corporate proceeds to fight childhood obesity (out of our pocket, not yours) via our charitable arm called HUMAN Everywhere. Locations love this about us and we love how good it makes us feel. Philanthropy is always a win-win.
We're seeking "Top 10%" type individuals to join the HUMAN Team and make a huge impact on the world. We seek business partners who are strong in these 3 areas:
- PASSION. You must be passionate about the fight against obesity & genuinely believe in the importance of the HUMAN mission (Helping Unite Mankind And Nutrition).
- SELF-DRIVE. You must be self-motivated & be completely committed to continuously developing your entrepreneurial skills, being the best business-owner you can be.
- LIKEABILITY. You must be at the very least a person with whom we enjoy dealing, which ideally means you're amiable, fun and generally likeable. We want to like bending over backwards for you!
Also, you must have a minimum of $30K in liquid capital, and be ready to make a part-time commitment.
“I was looking for the independence and I got it. I was able to quit my job a couple of weeks ago and now I am focused on this business fulltime and it’s just a lot of fun, and I am really enjoying myself. I mean, everything is positive and it’s been a really great experience. It really makes you feel good inside because you know you’re making a positive contribution to the school, to the community, to the kids. It’s about giving back to the community, providing a healthy environment for the kids and you’re able to do that through HUMAN.”
- Donnie Hudson, Partner Operator in Shreveport, MD
“I chose to affiliate with HUMAN because they really have a plan to develop additional revenue opportunities aside from just selling products in the machines. I was also very impressed with Andy and Sean’s vision and I got a really positive feeling from my conversations with them that I didn’t get from some of the other options I was exploring!”
- Travis Miller, Partner Operator in Baltimore, MD
“What drew us towards HUMAN was the focus on healthy living, and the opportunity to create a business around that. Obesity is a huge problem. People talk about it but very few actually act on it. This is a big action moment to be able to bring HUMAN into our community. People really welcome us in when we come and talk about the whole program and what we’re doing. We just want to increase awareness of these products and make them more readily available to our community”
- Buck and Meggie Bradberry, Partner Operators in Greenville, SC