All American Specialty Restaurants Inc.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Sandwiches, coffee, ice cream, frozen yogurt
Number of Locations: 20
Total Investment: $191.7K - $494.5K
Began Franchising: 1987
About All American Specialty Restaurants Inc.In the mid-1980s, frozen yogurt was growing in popularity, but there were no shops in the major malls of Idaho, Oregon and Washington serving the treat. Seeing the demand for such shops in the Pacific Northwest, CR Duffie Jr. started the All American Frozen Yogurt Co. in Portland in 1986. The company began franchising one year later.
To reach a larger customer base, ice cream was added to the menu in 1989, and the stores became known as All American Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Shops. The company also does business as All American Deli & Ice Cream Shops. There are now locations in shopping centers throughout the Pacific Northwest and West.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $600,000
Liquid Cash Available: $90,000
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6 - 7. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (50% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Franchise Players: These Panera Bread Franchisees Now Have 34 Locations
- Can a Food Blogger Force Starbucks to Change Its Pumpkin Spice Latte?
- Franchise Players: How Six-Time Ukrainian Ballroom Dance Champs Became Fred Astaire Dance Studio Franchisees
- In $11 Billion Deal, Burger King Scoops Up Tim Hortons and Heads to Canada
- Franchise Players: Former NFL Wide Receiver Buys a Sandwich Franchise