Between Rounds Bakery Sandwich Cafe
At a Glance
Products & Services: Bagels, baked goods, deli items, sandwiches, catering
Number of Locations: 4
Total Investment: $283K - $376K
Began Franchising: 1992
About Between Rounds Bakery Sandwich CafeWhen Jerry Puiia moved from New York to Connecticut he knew something wasn't right--there were no bagel shops. With the help of his brother Joe, Puiia opened The Bagel Stop in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1990. When the company began franchising in 1992, its name changed to Between Rounds.
Between Rounds shops combine a bagel shop and a catering service with two of the most profitable sections in a supermarket--the deli and the bakery.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $300,000
OperationsNumber of employees needed to run franchised unit: 8. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- 5 Ways Tech Is Forever Changing Fitness Franchises
- Introducing Entrepreneur's Top New Franchises to Watch
- KFC's Drumstick Corsages Are the Latest Quirky, Millennial-Targeted Fast-Food Experiment
- Catch the Public's Eyes and Ears as a Storyteller
- Franchise Players: This Customer Bought a Franchise to Save It From Closing