Between Rounds Bakery Sandwich Cafe
At a Glance
Products & Services: Bagels, baked goods, deli items, sandwiches, catering
Number of Locations: 4
Total Investment: $283K - $376K
Began Franchising: 1992
About Between Rounds Bakery Sandwich CafeWhen Jerry Puiia moved from New York to Connecticut he knew something wasn't right--there were no bagel shops. With the help of his brother Joe, Puiia opened The Bagel Stop in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1990. When the company began franchising in 1992, its name changed to Between Rounds.
Between Rounds shops combine a bagel shop and a catering service with two of the most profitable sections in a supermarket--the deli and the bakery.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $300,000
OperationsNumber of employees needed to run franchised unit: 8. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Curbside Enthusiasm: A Look at Mobile Franchises
- How This Franchisee Runs More Than 275 Restaurants
- Why Denny's Sounds Like a Chill Teenager on Social Media
- Why This Father-and-Sons Trio Joined the PizzaRev Franchise
- From Food Truck to Franchise: How These Cousins Turned Their Love of Lobster Into a Business