At a Glance
Products & Services: Industrial cleanser manufacturing and distribution
Number of Locations: 57
Total Investment: $305K - $424.5K
Began Franchising: 1983
About ChemstationIn the early '80s, George Homan's Dayton, Ohio, distribution company was suffering from the impact of the recession. To combat this, the company began manufacturing its own detergent formulas, delivering the detergent to industrial customers in refillable containers.
Chemstation customers receive free containers that franchisees refill. Franchisees handle all receiving, storing, disposing and rendering of the detergent for their customers.
Midwest, Northeast, Southwest, West.
Franchisor is seeking new units in Canada, Mexico.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $300,000 - $500,000
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- A Carpet Care Company's Unconventional Path to Franchising
- Why Isn't Access to Credit for Small Business Improving in 2015?
- A Father-Son Team That Brings Serious Franchising Experience to a Fresh Pizza Concept
- A Franchise Who Learned to 'Network' in Much More Than a Computer Kind of Way
- This Franchisee Has Long Been in the Telemarketing Biz, But His Heart 'Called Out' for Pretzels