At a Glance
Products & Services: Industrial cleanser manufacturing and distribution
Number of Locations: 56
Total Investment: $305K - $424.5K
Began Franchising: 1983
About ChemstationIn the early '80s, George Homan's Dayton, Ohio, distribution company was suffering from the impact of the recession. To combat this, the company began manufacturing its own detergent formulas, delivering the detergent to industrial customers in refillable containers.
Chemstation customers receive free containers that franchisees refill. Franchisees handle all receiving, storing, disposing and rendering of the detergent for their customers.
Midwest, Northeast, Southwest, West.
Franchisor is seeking new units in Canada, Mexico.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $50,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $300,000 - $500,000
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Franchise Players: A Former JAG Officer on Finding the Right Fit
- California Governor Vetoes Bill That Would Expand Franchisee Rights
- Franchise Players: A Franchising Power Couple on Making Tough Decisions
- Einstein Bros. Parent Sold for $364.5 Million in Bagel Buyout
- Franchise Players: From Translator to Franchisee at a Tax Franchise