The Great Frame Up
At a Glance
Products & Services: Custom framing and wall decor
Number of Locations: 92
Total Investment: $111.97K - $173.9K
Began Franchising: 1975
About The Great Frame UpStarted in Chicago, The Great Frame Up opened its first location in the Lincoln Park neighborhood in 1971 and started franchising four years later.
Stores include a vertical viewing board for seeing the art as it would appear on a wall with various mat and frame selections. Full service options allow customers to frame pieces themselves or have staff members do it for them. The stores carry in-stock frames, mats, glass, framed art, unframed posters and prints, catalogs with thousands of prints and ready-made frames.
The Great Frame Up is part of Franchise Concepts Inc., a group that includes Deck The Walls and Framing & Art Centre.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $5,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $200,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
Operations10% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (95% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How the NLRB's Employment Ruling Could Hurt Jobs, Business Growth
- This Franchisee Investigated a Restaurant Company He Liked and Signed On
- Iced Coffee Challenge: How Do Fast-Food Restaurants Measure Up to Coffee Chains?
- Will This Decision Force Franchises to Reconsider Their Business Models?
- How a Long Wait in Line Made This Franchisee Understand Demand and Provide a Solution