Hampton by Hilton
At a Glance
Products & Services: Midprice hotels
Number of Locations: 2,025
Total Investment: $3.8M - $6.9M
Began Franchising: 1984
About Hampton by HiltonThe first Hampton Inn opened in Memphis, Tennessee in 1984. Hampton Inn was the first mid-price national hotel chain to begin offering a free continental breakfast and free local phone calls. In 1995, the Hampton brand introduced Hampton Inn & Suites, which consisted of two-room suite hotel rooms with living rooms and kitchen areas.
In 1999, Hampton Inn was acquired by Hilton Worldwide, which has hotels in more than 90 countries. Other Hilton Worldwide brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $75,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 22 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $3,750,000
OperationsNumber of employees needed to run franchised unit: 25. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- These Franchisees Are on Fire, Not Ice, When It Comes to Philanthropy
- How a Detroit Couple Turned Their Low-Cost Investment Into a High-Grossing Business
- Why a Taco Bell in Chicago Is Hiring a Bouncer
- A Franchise Choice That Began With a Heart-Stopping Incident in a Backyard Pool
- A Carpet Care Company's Unconventional Path to Franchising