At a Glance
Products & Services: Asphalt maintenance
Number of Locations: 97
Total Investment: $42.5K - $104.3K
Began Franchising: 1993
About Jet-Black Franchise GroupIn August 1987, Doug and Andy Hoiland's parents had their driveway seal-coated. The brothers were not impressed with the results: cracks left unfilled, oil spots bleeding through, and footprints from the sealer on the sidewalk. When they found that most paving companies did seal-coating only on the side, they decided to open their own business, specializing in seal-coating, in May 1988. In 1993, they awarded their first Jet-Black franchise.
Jet-Black franchisees offer driveway repair services including power-cleaning, heat-treating oil spots, seal-coating, patching cracks and caulking joints.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $7,500 - $10,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 2-8%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 15 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% off franchisee fee/franchise fee waived for 2nd territory
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $20,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 44% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 3. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (93% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Translating My Experience Into Action as an Entrepreneur
- These Franchisees' Business Runs Off Batteries Essential to an Alaskan Winter
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care
- KFC's Chicken 'Supplier of the Year' Fined $1.4 Million After Workers Lose Fingers and a Leg in Accidents