At a Glance
Products & Services: Ice cream, frozen yogurt, baked goods
Number of Locations: 378
Total Investment: $230.09K - 408.14K
Began Franchising: 1984
About Marble Slab CreameryFounded in 1983, this family-owned, Houston-based company offers homemade, superpremium ice cream that's prepared to order on a marble slab, using a variety of mix-ins.
With flavors like Sweet Cream, Chocolate Swiss, Cheesecake and Amaretto, more than 100 franchisees nationwide are tempting customers with their exotic flavors served in freshly-baked waffle cones. The stores also sell smoothies, shakes, sundaes, banana splits and ice cream cakes and pies. Some franchisees even offer homemade baked goods such as cookies, brownies and apple pie, as well as gourmet coffees.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $15,000 - $30,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Net Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $85,000
Operations65% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 8 - 10. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (50% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How International Franchisors Are Making a Name for Themselves in the U.S.
- The Pros and Cons of Franchising Your Business
- Small Used Jewelry Business Leads to a Growing Pawn-Shop Franchise
- How 2 Businesses Stumbled Upon Franchising as the Key to Growth
- How a Coffee Franchise With Russian Roots Made it in the U.S.