At a Glance
Products & Services: Pizza, pasta, wings
Number of Locations: 14,967
Total Investment: $297K - $2.1M
Began Franchising: 1959
About Pizza Hut Inc.While college students in Wichita, Kansas, Frank and Dan Carney were approached by a family friend with the idea of opening a pizza parlor. Inspired, the brothers borrowed $600 from their mother, purchased secondhand equipment and rented a small building on a busy intersection in their hometown. With that, the first Pizza Hut opened its doors in 1958. Just a year later, the company incorporated and the first franchise opened in Topeka.
More than 50 years later, Pizza Hut has locations throughout the world serving its specialty pizzas. Pizza Hut is owned by Yum! Brands, parent company of A&W Restaurants, KFC, Long John Silver's and Taco Bell.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $700,000
Liquid Cash Available: $350,000
- 11 Ways To Use LinkedIn To Boost Franchise Development
- Are Minimum-Wage Activists Trying to Kill the Franchise Model in Seattle?
- When Eating Out, Your Diet Goes Out the Window
- Franchise Players: Exploring Unique Markets as a Multi-Unit Franchisee
- Franchise Players: How I Brought My Franchise to Puerto Rico