At a Glance
Products & Services: Dry cleaning pickup & delivery
Number of Locations: 108
Total Investment: $69.9K - $92.5K
Began Franchising: 2000
About 1-800-DryCleanService Brands International, the franchisor of Molly Maid and Mr. Handyman, was looking for new services to offer customers, and the company found a need for dry cleaning pickup and delivery.
1-800-DryClean franchisees contract with dry cleaners to do laundry pickup and delivery on a Monday/Thursday, Tuesday/Friday schedule. Wednesdays are used to handle business and marketing responsibilities. Franchisees may opt for a single van pick-up and delivery route or a multiple van and route package, which may also include acquiring a dry cleaning plant.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $9,900
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 7%
Term of Franchise Agreement: Term of agreement not renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $100,000
Liquid Cash Available: $60,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 26% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Franchise Players: How I Found Love at a Carpet Cleaning Convention
- A Yoga Franchise for Kids Stretches Bodies and Minds
- Dunkin' Donuts Debuts Dark-Roast Coffee for the First Time Ever
- In Sexual Harassment Case, California Rules Domino's Isn't Responsible for Misconduct
- Why the Court's Ruling on FedEx Drivers Could Jeopardize the Franchise Model