At a Glance
Products & Services: Temporary, temp-to-hire and direct-hire staffing
Number of Locations: 80
Total Investment: $91.5K - $149.5K
Began Franchising: 1992
About AtWork GroupBob Smith, founder of a full-time placement service in Knoxville, Tennessee, was interested in starting a temporary help business. He approached John Hall about developing the concept, and together the two started AtWork Personnel Service in 1986.
Over the next five years, the company added 11 locations. The following year, those locations were offered to managers as franchises. AtWork began selling franchises to the general public in 1994.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 20% off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $250,000
Liquid Cash Available: $50,000
Operations32% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- No Gender Bias Figured Into What These Franchisees Chose to Do
- Chick-fil-A Beats Out Chipotle in Customer Satisfaction
- Tell Your Own Story: Write, Market and Publish Your First Book
- Why I Sold My Independent Landscaping Business and Opened a Franchise
- Need to Hire? The Benefits of Using a Staffing Agency.