At a Glance
Products & Services: Temporary, temp-to-hire and direct-hire staffing
Number of Locations: 59
Total Investment: $76.5K - $122.5K
Began Franchising: 1992
About @Work GroupBob Smith, founder of a full-time placement service in Knoxville, Tennessee, was interested in starting a temporary help business. He approached John Hall about developing the concept, and together the two started AtWork Personnel Service in 1986.
Over the next five years, the company added 11 locations. The following year, those locations were offered to managers as franchises. AtWork began selling franchises to the general public in 1994.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $24,995
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Liquid Cash Available: $100,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 32% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 2 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- A Former College Basketball Coach on Building a Winning Franchise Investment
- Franchise Players: A Young Franchisee Brings Family's Lessons to Forever Yogurt
- Tesla's Direct-Sales Model Banned in New Jersey
- Chili's Ups Its Marketing Game By Pushing Its Do-Good Social Programs
- Frank Ocean Tells Chipotle to 'F--k Off' After Chain Sues the Singer