Creative Colors Int'l.
At a Glance
Products & Services: Leather, vinyl and plastic repair, cleaning and dyeing
Number of Locations: 54
Total Investment: $83.6K - $111.3K
Began Franchising: 1991
About Creative Colors Int'l.
In 1980, Jim and JoAnn Foster answered an ad in their local paper that described a new technique for dyeing vinyl and leather. The couple bought the license to use the technique in their area and began J&J's Creative Colors.
To strengthen their business, the Fosters began researching, practicing and refining various techniques for repairing vinyl, leather and plastic, incorporating them into their business. J&J's worked with automobile, boat and recreational vehicle dealers, making repairs at the dealers' lots.
The company began franchising in 1990 under the name Creative Colors International. Now franchisees across the country use the Fosters' techniques to repair the interiors of various vehicles at dealer lots before they are sold.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $43,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 7.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $1,500 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $50,000
Liquid Cash Available: $20,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Why Isn't Access to Credit for Small Business Improving in 2014?
- A Father-Son Team That Brings Serious Franchising Experience to a Fresh Pizza Concept
- A Franchise Who Learned to 'Network' in Much More Than a Computer Kind of Way
- This Franchisee Has Long Been in the Telemarketing Biz, But His Heart 'Called Out' for Pretzels
- An Immigrant-Franchisee Who Truly Built His Home Healthcare Business From Nothing