Creative Colors International
At a Glance
Products & Services: Leather, vinyl, fabric and plastic repair, cleaning and dyeing
Number of Locations: 58
Total Investment: $83.6K - $111.3K
Began Franchising: 1991
About Creative Colors International
In 1980, Jim and JoAnn Foster answered an ad in their local paper that described a new technique for dyeing vinyl and leather. The couple bought the license to use the technique in their area and began J&J's Creative Colors.
To strengthen their business, the Fosters began researching, practicing and refining various techniques for repairing vinyl, leather and plastic, incorporating them into their business. J&J's worked with automobile, boat and recreational vehicle dealers, making repairs at the dealers' lots.
The company began franchising in 1990 under the name Creative Colors International. Now franchisees across the country use the Fosters' techniques to repair the interiors of various vehicles at dealer lots before they are sold.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $43,500
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 7.5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $1,500 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $50,000
Liquid Cash Available: $20,000
OperationsFranchise can be run from home. 20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 1 - 4. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care
- KFC's Chicken 'Supplier of the Year' Fined $1.4 Million After Workers Lose Fingers and a Leg in Accidents
- Dunkin' Donuts Is Closing 100 Convenience Store Locations
- This Franchisee Has Learned 'How Sweet It Is' to Be in Business for Herself