At a Glance
Products & Services: Mexican/American food
Number of Locations: 548
Total Investment: $767.7K - $1.6M
Began Franchising: 1967
About Del Taco Inc.Ed Hackbarth opened the first Del Taco restaurant in Barstow, California, in 1964. A few months later, he added a second restaurant with a drive-thru window in Corona, California. Locations eventually spread across California and many parts of the United States.
Del Taco restaurants offer items including a value menu of tacos, burritos and nachos priced under $1, a Macho menu of large burritos, nachos and drinks, and an American menu featuring hamburgers, French Fries and shakes.
California, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Midwest, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, South, Southeast, Southwest, West, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $35,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: 50% of franchise fee; reduced royalty fee for two years
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $1,000,000
Liquid Cash Available: $500,000
Operations40% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 50. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (35% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- Fast-Food Giants' Top Cheese Supplier Embroiled in Shocking Animal Abuse Scandal
- Franchise Players: Why a Fro-Yo Franchise Was the Right Fit for This Single Mother of Six
- Taco Bell's New Sister Restaurant Apologizes for 'Communist' Logo
- Before You Jump Into the World of Franchises, Ask Yourself These 5 Questions
- Franchise Players: Finding a Franchise With a 'Family' Feel