At a Glance
Products & Services: Chicken
Number of Locations: 130
Total Investment: $758.95K - $1.7M
Began Franchising: 1972
About Golden ChickHoward Walker opened the first Golden Fried Chicken location in San Marcos, Texas, in 1967. The restaurants, which served fried chicken, chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, biscuits and other favorites, quickly spread through Texas and Oklahoma.
In 1996, the name was changed from Golden Fried Chicken to Golden Chick. The conversion included an image update and the addition of new menu items, such as Golden Roasted Chicken and a variety of new side items to go along with all the existing menu item favorites. Free-standing and co-branded units offer dine-in, takeout, drive-thru, catering and optional delivery service.
Midwest, South, Southeast, Southwest.
Franchisor is seeking new units in Asia, Middle East, Mexico.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 4%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $200,000
Liquid Cash Available: $150,000
Operations28% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 12 - 15. Absentee ownership of franchise is NOT allowed. (100% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Chef Sentenced to Three Years in Jail for Spitting in Customer's Food
- A Franchise That Develops Leaders Was Just What This Military Veteran Was Looking For
- 5 Uncomfortable Questions Asked at McDonald's Company Shareholders' Meeting
- Why This Air Force Veteran Decided to Become a Franchisee of a Brand She Loved as a Kid
- The CEO of Carl's Jr. Doesn't Care If You're Offended by the Chain's Sexy Ads