At a Glance
Products & Services: Commercial cleaning
Number of Locations:
Total Investment: $13.2K - $93.2K
Began Franchising: 1974
About Jani-KingAs a student at the University of Oklahoma in 1968, Jim Cavanaugh worked as a night auditor at a hotel chain. He realized that there would always be a need for janitorial services as long as there were office buildings. He began marketing janitorial services by day and cleaning buildings with his friends by night. Within a year, Cavanaugh established Jani-King, and in 1974 he started franchising.
A commercial cleaning service, Jani-King sets up franchisees with a customer base and charges fees depending on the size of that initial base.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $10,000 - $74,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 10%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 20 years, renewable
|Financing Type||In-House||Third Party|
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- Top 10 Fastest-Growing Franchises
- 3 Productivity Hacks for Launching a Business While Holding Down a Day Job
- Panel Says It's Time Fast-Food Employees in New York Receive a Major Pay Increase
- Owning Your Own Business Means You Can Work Whenever You Want As Long As It's Every Day.
- 7 Chain Restaurants Where You Can Find Fourth of July Deals