Kilwin's Chocolates Franchise
At a Glance
Products & Services: Chocolate, fudge, ice cream
Number of Locations: 102
Total Investment: $351.6K - $622.3K
Began Franchising: 1982
About Kilwin's Chocolates FranchiseIn 1947 Don and Katy Kilwin opened Kilwin's Bakery in Petoskey, Michigan. Soon after opening the bakery, the Kilwins began making candy. Six years later the Kilwins sold their bakery to focus on candy making full-time, and in 1978 sold the candy business to Wayne and Lorene Rose. The Roses began offering Kilwin's franchises in 1982.
Today Kilwin's Chocolates, now owned by Don and Robin McCarty, sells chocolates, fudge and ice cream.
Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Midwest, North Carolina, Northeast, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South, South Carolina, Southeast, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin, West Virginia.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $125,000
Operations28% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6 - 10. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- These Entrepreneurs Braved New Frontiers in Franchising and Found Success
- This Franchisee is 'Right at Home' in Her Choice of a Business That Delivers Loving Care
- KFC's Chicken 'Supplier of the Year' Fined $1.4 Million After Workers Lose Fingers and a Leg in Accidents
- Dunkin' Donuts Is Closing 100 Convenience Store Locations
- This Franchisee Has Learned 'How Sweet It Is' to Be in Business for Herself