Kilwin's Chocolates Franchise
At a Glance
Products & Services: Chocolate, fudge, ice cream
Number of Locations: 102
Total Investment: $351.6K - $622.3K
Began Franchising: 1982
About Kilwin's Chocolates FranchiseIn 1947 Don and Katy Kilwin opened Kilwin's Bakery in Petoskey, Michigan. Soon after opening the bakery, the Kilwins began making candy. Six years later the Kilwins sold their bakery to focus on candy making full-time, and in 1978 sold the candy business to Wayne and Lorene Rose. The Roses began offering Kilwin's franchises in 1982.
Today Kilwin's Chocolates, now owned by Don and Robin McCarty, sells chocolates, fudge and ice cream.
Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Midwest, North Carolina, Northeast, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South, South Carolina, Southeast, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin, West Virginia.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $40,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 5%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Veteran Incentives: $10,000 off franchise fee
Financial RequirementsNet Worth: $500,000
Liquid Cash Available: $125,000
Operations28% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Number of employees needed to run franchised unit: 6 - 10. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed. (90% of current franchisees are owner/operators).
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
Franchise Ranking History
- A Carpet Care Company's Unconventional Path to Franchising
- Why Isn't Access to Credit for Small Business Improving in 2015?
- A Father-Son Team That Brings Serious Franchising Experience to a Fresh Pizza Concept
- A Franchise Who Learned to 'Network' in Much More Than a Computer Kind of Way
- This Franchisee Has Long Been in the Telemarketing Biz, But His Heart 'Called Out' for Pretzels