At a Glance
Products & Services: Quick-service Japanese restaurant
Number of Locations: 140
Total Investment: $235K - $491.5K
Began Franchising: 1987
About Teriyaki ExperienceLou Donato wanted to provide dishes similar to the expensive, health-conscious platters found at Japanese dinner houses. After three years of research and development, he opened Made In Japan Teriyaki Experience, incorporating the flair and drama of Japanese cooking.
Franchisees across Canada and worldwide now offer hot, made-to-order dishes including fresh vegetables, Yakisoba (Japanese noodles), steamed rice, a variety of meats and seafood, Teriyaki platters and sushi.
The parent company of Made in Japan also owns franchise company Mrs. Vanelli's Fresh Italian Foods.
Startup Costs, Ongoing Fees and Financing
Franchise Fee: $25,000
Ongoing Royalty Fee: 6%
Term of Franchise Agreement: 10 years, renewable
Financial RequirementsLiquid Cash Available: $100,000 - $150,000
Operations20% of all franchisees own more than one unit. Absentee ownership of franchise is allowed..
How This Franchise Supports Franchisees
- How This Franchisee Runs More Than 275 Restaurants
- Why Denny's Sounds Like a Chill Teenager on Social Media
- Why This Father-and-Sons Trio Joined the PizzaRev Franchise
- From Food Truck to Franchise: How These Cousins Turned Their Love of Lobster Into a Business
- Thanks to Boutique Fitness, Working Out Is the New Going Out